Back in 2018, I set myself some goals for the new year. I swore off making steadfast resolutions and instead had five things I wanted to be better at… So, how did we do?
1. Travel more Well, I’d say I nailed it. I visited a few countries this year – India, Spain, France, Denmark – and the trips varied in length. It’s safe to say I’ll be doing more of these in the new decade.
2. Read 2 books I didn’t quite hit this quota. I got stuck on a book that wasn’t gripping me and sucked the fun out of reading (unfortunately). I’ll give this one up for 2020 and hope to find something I enjoy for next year.
3. Be healthier By and large I’m doing okay – more consistent gym schedule, and eating better meals. I’m hoping to eat less meat in the new decade and more seasonal fruit and veg.
4. Blog consistently So, I was unemployed for a little while this year and managed to get regular posts out for a few months. Since then, I’ve started a new job and am about to move house so once things settle down, I’ll be coming back to the blog. But I’ve been writing consistently for Brown Girl Magazine this year so definitely check them out!
5. Keep better skincare This one worked to an extent! I certainly took care of my skin, but unhealthy eating over the holiday periods really made good skin a challenge…
And for 2020? My outlook is similar. But with the added goal of furthering my writing career. So, if you’re looking for a versatile freelance writer, drop me a line in the comments 😜